The Professional Record Standards Body has published a standard to support information sharing between community pharmacists and GP practices. The standard has been published in two stages.
The second stage details information that needs to be recorded for the following:
- Medication reviews
- Appliance use review
- New medicine services
- Digital minor illness referral scheme
- Hospital discharge summaries to community pharmacies
Pharmacies are offering an increased range of services to support care for people in the community. It is essential that they are able to share vital information about a person's care with GP practices and other services. By doing this digitally, we can ensure that care professionals have timely access to relevant information, leading to better, safer and more personalised care.
The standard has been published in collaboration with NHS Digital and the Royal College of Physicians' Health Informatics Unit. It has been developed with clinical leadership provided by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and the Royal College of General Practitioners, as well as other professionals, including pharmacists and GPs, to ensure the right information is recorded.
A series of supporting documents for the Pharmacy information flows standard.
- Implementation documents
- Implementation guidance - updated
- Information model: View the standard as a detailed mindmap - new
- Release Notes - new
- Case studies
- Emergency supply of medicine case studies
- Vaccination administration case studies
- Final reports
- Pharmacy information flows final report - stage 1
- Pharmacy information flows final report - stage 2 - new
- FHIR profiles and specifications for the Pharmacy standard stage 1
Stage 1 of the standard is now endorsed by the following organisations:
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee
- Tech UK
- Association of Pharmacy Technicians
The standard also has support from:
- National Pharmacy Association
- Company Chemists’ Association
- Association of Independent Multiple Pharmacies
- United Kingdom Clinical Pharmacy Association
The PRSB is publishing stage 2 of the Pharmacy standard in draft form while it undergoes endorsement by our relevant member organisations.