NEW - Version 2
This standard has now been updated to version 2. Detailed release notes are available outlining the changes. These can be found in the supporting documents link above. Please select the contents tab (above) to view the standard in detail.
Helping patients and their families cope during a terminal illness is fundamental to good health care and that depends on professionals and the people in their care having access to the right information at the right time to support them.
The PRSB has published the crisis care standard to support better coordination of treatment in primary,acute and community care, as well as hospices, care homes, and social services. The standard will also help patients to avoid unnecessary admissions and procedures.
Supporting documents for the Crisis care summary standard
Implementation guidance report - Crisis care summary standard V2
This guidance sets out issues identified during the project which relate to the implementation of the headings and sub-headings.
Information model - Crisis care summary standard
View the standard as a detailed mindmap.
The Crisis care summary standard is endorsed by the following organisations:
- Allied Health Professionals Federation
- College of Paramedics
- Resuscitation Council
- Royal College of Emergency Medicine
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Association of Palliative Medicine
- Association of Directors of Adult Social Services
- National Council of Palliative Care
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society