Patients, carers, service users, health and social care professionals, IT system suppliers, commissioners of services - and taxpayers generally - all benefit from what we do.
We work to ensure that all electronic records in health and social care follow agreed quality standards so that:
- Patients only need to provide details once and their information is available wherever and whenever it is needed, including when they care for themselves.
- Health and social care professionals can provide care based on accurate and up to date information.
- Information is captured once and shared efficiently for a complete picture of care.
- Care is personalised to each individual and 'joined up' around their needs.
- Risk is reduced so there are, for example, fewer medication errors caused by inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Waste is minimised such as tests are not being repeated because results are missing.
- Research and planning are improved through the availability of good data.
How you can get involved
You can help deliver all of these benefits by becoming more involved in PRSB work. You can take part in consultations and workshops that explore what information should be collected and in what formats. And you can help to ensure that standards are adopted and put into practice.
If you are interested in helping the PRSB in this way, please get in touch, letting us know more about you and your interest in being involved.
Become a member
As a member you or your organisation will join a wide group of clinical and professional organisations as well as patient groups. Find out more
Get in touch
Please tell us about yourself or your organisation and how you would like to be involved.